[1 handwritten word illeg.]
9th May, 1940.
Ahmed Ali, Esq.,
56, Eardley Crscent, S.W.5.
Dear Mr. Ali,
Yet Life Goes On
Our printers have raised the following queries about words occuring in your manuscript and I should be glad if you would be so kind as to let us have your comments:
1. Mohallah (locality) - roman with cap. - translation in paragraphs.
2. Kotha - italic - translation as footnote.
11. Sherwani - italic with cap.
19. sherwani - roman and lower case.
259. doli - roman and lower case.
260. majzoob - italic and lower case.
- sentences in dialect (page 260) - roman or italic?
I believe, also, that you raised the question of changing the title with Mr. Lehmann. Perhaps you will get in touch with him on this point?
Yours sincerely, | THE HOGARTH PRESS, | Manager.*1
1. Norah Nicholls